Tuesday 9 November 2010

Shetland Arts & Crafts Christmas Fair - this weekend


I've not had much time to blog lately, as well as working on the usual orders, I have been making stock for the annual craft fair in the Clickimin Centre where I am exhibiting this weekend (as well as setting up as I am a member of the Shetland Arts and Crafts Committee).  Life has had to be timetabled, every waking minute is spent making where I can, the house has been neglected - there is a film of fluff over everything and there is tumbleweed in the corners.   This morning I was up at the crack of dawn painting display boards for my Christmas decorations and jewellery.



Mr Smith is very good at making things and last year he whipped up these display boards.  We didn't have time to paint the backs of them, and I, as usual have again left it to the last minute even though I have had a whole year!

Sometimes people ask me if all the effort is worth it.  Well, I think it is, as well as providing a welcome pre-Christmas boost to my bank account, it is a great weekend all round meeting lots of people, many you only ever see at the craft fair and spending time with the other exhibitors.  The feeling you get once everything has been done and set up can't really be beat.

I have several new products that will be on sale this year including Christmas decorations and brooches, which are always popular to give as Christmas presents.










I will also be running a prize draw at the fair - all you have to do is enter it when you are there. 

So, if you are in Shetland this weekend, drop along the Clickimin Centre, the food festival is also there this weekend so you will be able to pick up loads of pressies and inspiration - I look forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment